Successful orthodontic treatment requires a cooperative effort between the orthodontist and patient. We have outlined our responsibilities so that an understanding can be reached of how to achieve the best orthodontic result.
- Comprehensive orthodontic treatment including retention follow up care.
- The highest standard of care available today with emphasis on preservation, comfort, function and esthetics.
- Timely delivery of services and respect for your valuable time.
- Provide convenient appointment time to help minimize loss of your school or work hours.
- Chairside reports will keep you posted of the treatment process.
- Emergency service is available 24 hours every day.
- Timely billing of orthodontic insurance.
What we can expect from you:
- Schedule appointments as requested to maintain continuity of treatment and to finish treatment in the number of months of anticipated active treatment time. Appointments are usually scheduled four to six weeks apart. Several long appointments (30 to 60 minutes) are necessary and must be scheduled during “school hours.” Most other appointments are shorter (15 minutes) and may be scheduled before or after school hours as availability permits.
- Proper oral hygiene care at home: Frequent and thorough brushing will reduce plaque that causes gum inflammation, tooth decay, and periodontal disease. Daily use of a fluoride mouth rinse will also help prevent tooth decay. Regular visits to your dentist are still necessary.. An adequate oral hygiene will help treatment progress more rapidly, help prevent loose appliances and help maintain healthy, blemish free teeth and gums.
- Elastics (rubber bands) wear is normally required for most orthodontic treatment. Wearing elastics when and as instructed is essential for providing the correct pressures that move teeth. By following instructions on the use of elastics and other appliances (like headgear) the orthodontic treatment will progress as planned and in a timely manner.
- Appliance maintenance is also necessary to keep treatment progressing on schedule. To prevent appliance breakage it is necessary to eliminate all very hard, chewy foods and non-foods (like chewing gum) from the diet. Careful attention to the diet will keep your appointments shorter and less frequent. In the event that any appliance becomes loose, broken or lost, it is necessary to contact our office. Please report any problem with the appliances immediately. This will help us to plan for the appropriate repair work as needed. Again you can help to keep your treatment on schedule.
- The fee for orthodontic treatment covers the treatment of your case for the estimated number of months. The fee also covers retainers at the completion of treatment. There is no charge for emergency visits nor for the observation follow up appointments. Please discuss your fee payment plan with our staff.
Additional fees will be charged in the event of the following: repeated failure to keep scheduled appointments, excessive breakage of appliance, extended treatment far beyond the 6 month grace period, interest charged on past due accounts, replacement of lost or broken retainers.
We can assure you that your commitment to joining our orthodontic team in achieving your treatment goals will prevent the need for the above extra fees.
We have explained in this letter that orthodontics is a long term team effort which requires commitment by all parties involved. We look forward to getting to know you better and we hope the next several years will be enjoyable and rewarding for you.