An initial orthodontic check-up should be done no later than age 7. Early treatment may prevent or intercept more serious problems from developing and may make treatment at a later age shorter and less complicated. In some cases, the orthodontist will be able to achieve results that may not be possible once the face and jaws have finished growing.
Early treatment may give your orthodontist the chance to:
- Guide jaw growth
- Lower the risk of trauma to protruded front teeth
- Correct harmful oral habits
- Improve appearance
- Guide permanent into a more favorable position
- Create a more pleasing arrangement of teeth, lips and face
- Through an early orthodontic evaluation, you’ll be giving your child the best opportunity for a healthy, beautiful smile.
If your child is older than 7, or you are an adult, it is certainly NOT too late for a check-up. Because patients differ in both physiological development and treatment needs, our goal at North Jersey Orthodontics is to provide each patient with the mose appropriate treatment at the most appropriate time.