The purpose of the elastics, also known as rubber bands, is to move your teeth in a way that braces alone cannot. Even though the teeth may be straight, our goal is not complete until the bite is fit together properly.
WEAR YOUR ELASTICS AS INSTRUCTED:
- Wear elastics 24 hours a day, unless otherwise instructed.
- Remove the elastics when you eat
- Replace the elastics 4- 5 times a day, typically after meals and brushing
- If you run out of elastics, please call immediately. Do not wait until your next appointment.
- Keeping your scheduled appointment time is very important. Overcorrection can occur based on tooth response and/or missing a scheduled appointment.
The length of your treatment will depend on how faithfully you follow our instructions. As always, call us if you have any questions.